Friday, September 26, 2014

Sioux City, IA


We have unpacked the last box.  We are officially moved in and unless a natural disaster happens we will not be moving for a long time.  Every day our tiny little apartment feels more like home.  We will not mention that every nook and cranny has something shoved into it.  Open all closet doors with caution as items may have shifted during the “shoving in” stage.  Sometimes you just have to take a blow to the head for the sake of the Gospel.  

I am starting to learn my way around the city.  Siri has long abandoned me and has led me astray more than once.  She is absolutely no help and I am starting to believe she enjoys flustering me with her insistent “I can’t take any requests right now.” speech.  This has led to hours of aimlessly driving through the city.  I now know the city pretty well and have found some pretty nifty spots.  The biggest surprise was the library.  It is massive.  It has three floors and is just absolutely beautiful.  What is even more surprising is not only the amount of books but the number of homeless people who congregate in it.  Libraries are not the first place that pops into my head when I think of homeless people. This is the first library that I have been to that is located in a downtown area.  It makes sense that the homeless would congregate there.  It is free and warm.







Things we need prayer for:
·        God would raise up people for Redemption Hill
·        God would give us divine appointments with the lost
·        God would nurture and develop the friendships we have already made.
·        God would protect us spiritually, physically, emotionally, and financially
·        God would protect our vehicles
·        God would prepare the hearts of those we will encounter
·        Pray for our neighbors.


In Christ,

Amber

1 comment: